Some Options for You
Register to be part of the BOM and do nothing more:
- You will be listed as one of the participating stores and can be used as a resource for customers. You will experience a noticeable increase in web traffic and some inquiries at your store location, if you have one.
Basic promotion online:
- If you don't want to go to a lot of effort but want to run the program and get a good response, you can do one or more of the following:
- Monthly post on Facebook, Twitter or some other social media network in which you are active.
- Send an e-blast each time a step in the BOM is posted.
Promote with a kit:
- Offer a kit in one or more colorways.
- Sell the entire kit for the front, including binding, before the program begins.
- Show the first block made in each color after the program goes live.
- Choose one color way with a line of fabric that is easy to get more of and continue making the rest of the quilt in that color to generate future sales.
- Midway through, start promoting backing.
- Post customer blocks on social media or add a gallery on your website to keep your participants engaged.
Teach a class:
- Sell a kit for the entire project + the cost of a series of monthly classes (customer doesn't pay again).
- Hold monthly sewing class where you teach techniques.
- Have a demo day where participants come in and learn tricks as well as how to use tools for some of the techniques.
- Do a blog tutorial (or on-site tutorial) to show techniques as well as to keep customers engaged.
Use as a Saturday Sampler program:
- Charge a registration fee depending on your preferences.
- Customers download their own patterns so there's no expense for printing (we can help you set these up as digital download products if you like!).
- Sessions begin at a specific time and if they're late they can't attend.
- At the first meeting give everyone a kit of the fabric.
- If they come back to the second meeting with their block done they get the next block for free ... if not they get charged a fee.
- Use the meeting time to teach techniques for the next block and to promote products or programs in the store.
- Promote backing and batting midway through.
Please Fill Out the Form to Sign Up!